Monday, April 7, 2008

California.

I don't hate California but I'm definitely getting sick of the songs about it. California is what many consider the cultural and trend setting center of the world. So to have so many songs about California isn't so surprising. But I think there are just too many out there now. Since I don't live in there, I don't care to hear songs about it. I can't relate to these songs.

I have a couple albums that are pretty good, but were marred with songs about how trashy Hollywood is, forcing me to skip those songs most of the time. If an artist sets out to write a new song about California I really think they should consider all the others before they decide to actually go through with it.

I have been to California, so I can sort of see why people are so inspired to write these songs. I also think that the word "California" just fits so well into a song because of its structure that bands feel it would be a shame not to include it.


I guess my biggest complaint about bands writing about California is that often they end up releasing that song as a single. When they do the radio gets hold of it and beats the us all over the head with it.

Saving me much research and finger cramping here is a list of the songs written about California on Wiki.

So Much California

*As he realizes that he's listening to a song that's on the list.* >_< Damn it!
blog comments powered by Disqus