Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Diss Monologue.

Venting in many ways is therapeutic. I do it a fair amount on here myself. But I usually have a subject to run with. However, sometimes people don't provide that and it turns into a really convoluted argument with oneself. The best example I can come up with right away is Timothy Treadwell. Better known as the grizzly man, Treadwell took several cameras along for his many excursions to go spend time with the bears that would eventually mean his and his girlfriend's demise.

Treadwell was fighting many demons, and so he at one point thought it necessary to provide us with a Diss Monologue. Timothy's Diss does accompany some sort of subject, but even then there's no real reason provided as to why he rants so angrily. It trails off into oblivion and it just makes him look like a fool.

Rappers do this quite often on their records. I would name a few but I don't listen to rap enough to do so. There was a time when I did listen to rap however so I've heard a few monologues. Usually it comes at the end of the song as it winds down.

I suppose that if Timothy hadn't died, his angry rant would never have came to light, but rappers put it directly on their albums that are sold to the public. What does it accomplish? Is it supposed to show that they're angry and therefore deserve their position in the music market? Either way, it just turns into the drivel full of profanity that is not something that I'd imagine anybody enjoys listening to.

Stop it.
blog comments powered by Disqus