Monday, February 11, 2008

Change, updated.

Well, so far this little experiment has been fun. The biggest concentration of change I've found is in Walmart at the registers; four dimes and several pennies. The main reason for this entry is because of a small happening came about that is note worthy.

I was standing and waiting for my food to be brought out and there was this guy in front of me ordering. When he paid for his order and got his change he looked at it and immediately threw it in the trash and walked away. There are several reason why this bothers me.

He obviously didn't want the change. But mostly it bothers me because he was so inconsiderate to have thrown it in the trash. People like me would have loved to find that change. But more importantly a homeless person or the salvation army or some organization like that could've put that change to use. But now it is on its way to a land fill.

From what I heard when he threw it, it sounded like it was probably about 3 cents but still, how mind blowingly prickish of him. And no, I didn't go digging in the trash for it. I did find a penny on the ground while I was waiting for my food though.

Stay updated on the total, because I'm going to announce the total at the end of the year in a special way. It's not much, but I'm excited about it.
blog comments powered by Disqus