Thursday, February 28, 2008

July 9th, 2006.

Everything was muddy. Any grass was worn away by thousands of feet. People were unhappy and miserable. I was on a bit of a slope with a friend and he had an Astro Van. There were also several vehicles lined up on the side of the muddy slope. My friend was determined to get the van through and took off up the hill while I stood next to a green pickup truck. When I looked up the hill again he was no longer riding in his van, because he managed to procure an ATV.

He tried to climb further up the hill with the ATV but couldn't so he backed down the hill rather quickly. Because of his careless nature in backing down the hill he slammed into the truck that I was standing next to. I was rather angry with him for hitting it because it seemed rather obvious that he did it on purpose, but I left him alone because he also seemed angry.

Later on, I was on a rooftop and the people of the town I was in were still miserable. It seemed like everything was caked in mud and the air was thick with a sense of disaster. Many other people were on the rooftop with me and were abundant on top of several other buildings as well. Suddenly, balloons started appearing next to the people as if from a single speck of dust the was floating in the air and grew quite large. The balloons brightened the town with their color against the drabness of the mud that covered everything.

I couldn't believe my eyes! A woman who weighed over 300lbs who stood next to me took hold of one of the balloons. I held my tongue of objection to her stepping to the edge of the rooftop with balloon in hand and I feared for her life as she stepped of the ledge. She floated! She floated and descended to the muddy ground below.

Once she touched ground I raised my eyes to see that several other people joined her in floating to the ground and the sky filled with people who held tight to the string attached to their balloon and each of them slowly descended to earth. Perhaps there was a chance that we would overcome the drabness of this muddy world after all.
blog comments powered by Disqus