Monday, October 29, 2007

Exercise

I have been exercising. It makes me feel better but it surely isn't fun. My mp3 player is helpful in keeping my mind occupied and helps to take my mind off of the pain so I can do more than I normally would, which still isn't much. But I gotta say, I often feel like I'm a hamster in a wheel while using my exercise machines. I don't like it.

My job requires me to sit for 8 hours at a time in front of a computer. That's definitely not a job with any physical benefit. I don't mind it and I think I would rather do that than work in construction or something like that. But I do kind of wish that I could get something done while I workout. I do need to split some logs outside here, so that's something.

I'd like to take up hiking, trail biking, kayaking, snow boarding, play soccer, play field hockey, play ultimate frisbee. Which, there's no real productive value to those either, but at least they're much more fun. And it's more social as well. I read only enough of an article to get the point that people who play soccer burn more calories than those who run. And why is that? Because it's more fun, and the competition helps to drive you past the pain in a way that no Mp3 player can.

As if anyone would need to read this to fathom the idea, I mean it seemed pretty obvious to me upon reading the headline anyway, here is the article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297437,00.html
blog comments powered by Disqus