Monday, March 17, 2008

Dead Batteries.



Do you remember when Laser pointers were really popular? Audiences would basically cover performers in laser light. I'm sure it's still a little bit of a problem, but not as bad now. The reason it's not so bad now is because the batteries ran out. It's cheaper to buy a new laser light than it is the batteries to resupply your old one with power. So most people just throw it in a drawer and forget about it.

What a waste of good electronics. I dug through my drawers and brought out all the dead items that I would probably still use if I didn't have to spend up to 15 dollars on each thing to get new batteries. Here's all of the stuff that I have that's now useless:









Most of the batteries in these lights are dead from rolling around in my pocket and the button ends up pressing against the keys.



I would definitely still use this one, it has a timer, a radio, and a clock. The reason the batteries are so quickly dead on this one is because it is really easy to have the radio on without knowing it. I could really use the timer though (which is what I bought it for) for when I work out.

I would kind of like to know what kind of batteries are in different electronics however. The reason is because if I could find certain electronic devices that are super cheap, (at a dollar tree for instance) and then cannibalize the batteries and use them in the devices I want to use. But, that'd be a gamble to do, since there are several different types of small batteries. Plus I'd have an even bigger pile of useless junk.

So what to do with all these junked components? I don't know what I'll do with them, but I look for components that use Triple A batteries now. I also use rechargeable batteries. Take that battery companies!
blog comments powered by Disqus