Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gas Prices Rhetoric.

Writers can lead us to believe just about anything. I don't know how I would handle writing articles about gas prices if I were in a position to do so, but I do know that I'm no too happy with the way writers are handling it now. I suppose they're required to be subjective and they end up writing articles like these: Gasoline: Painful and getting worse.

"Now there are some studies that say it's not really that bad."

Oh really? Are the people who do these studies rich? Doubling in price in little more than a year is NOT GOOD. I feel like I'll do ok, but what about those who live from paycheck to paycheck? Tell them that "It's not so bad." I remember when I was younger hearing an older uneducated man talk about the woes of earning a living and how the government was going to jack up the prices on everything, and that things were only going to get worse. I scoffed when he said it, but he turned out to be right. Well, at least about the fact that prices are soaring now.

Ultimately, I wish Americans were more willing to protest. Everyone is so jaded and apathetic, that they just don't rise up and protest anymore. I care. I want to shake down the walls of whoever is responsible for such ridiculous prices for gas. We're being robbed people! Gas used to cost me about $22 to fill up my Chevy Cavalier. It costs me nearly $34 dollars a tank now. Gas costs nearly the same as a gallon of milk does now. When I was 17 years old gas was somewhere around $.80 a gallon. I'm 26 now and gas is $3.20? That was only 9 years ago.

This photo was taken on January 13th, 2007:



Everything is NOT OK! Protest!

Price Gouging Petition
blog comments powered by Disqus