Thursday, March 13, 2008

Why the Wii sucks. *Now with more video!

There are several good points to the Wii. The motion sensing, the wifi, the virtual console... sorta. But I gotta throw off on the Wii a little. Here's a list:

1 Shovelware.
2 Lack of non crappy games.
3 Virtual Console.
4 I had to pay for the internet browser.
5 What? No Flash?
6 Lack of online play.
7 Making friends is a painful process.
8 You can fill up your memory easily.

Here's the Details:

1. Chicken Shoot, Pool Party, Carnival Games, Anubis, etc... Don't buy em, they're crap.



2. This one holds less water, there are several good games, but I feel like I'm being let down since the 360 has a ton of great games and most of them have multiplayer capabilities. I don't have a 360.

3. They seem to be neglecting the VC. Where's Battletoads? Earthworm Jim? Final Fantasy IV (then called FFII in America)? A Nintendo 64 game is 10 dollars. 10 Dollars! I can find Perfect Dark for $5 in a used game store, and yes, I still have my Nintendo 64.

4. My friend Josh got a Wii before I did. He got the Opera Browzer for free. I had to use 5 dollars worth of wii points. What the Crap!?

5. I want to watch a lot of video through my internet browser, especially Alluc.org but I can't because the internet browser doesn't have the latest version of flash equipped.

6. This is as much the fault of the developers. Medal of Honor 2 has online play, Smash Bros Brawl has online play, So does GH3. But I know you couldn't count all the games with online play on your fingers for the 360.

7. In order to make friends on the Wii you have to input their 16 digit code. They also have to input your code. Once you have done this you have to spin around without pausing 18 times with the wiimote in your hand. On the 360, it's just a matter of knowing the person's screen name.

8. I don't know what happens when you use all the memory available on the Wii, but I'd hate to think you would have to delete a game to get another one. After all you paid for it.

I suppose that's why it costs less. I suppose if I wanted all those things I would just have to buy a 360. But I'm trying to hold off because I need to learn some software for my job, else I would have one now and it would rule my life. But alas, if I actually bought more games for the Wii, I'd probably have a better experience on it. I've mainly been using it to play Game Cube games right now so I'll keep my Wii for a long time. Because I sold my Game Cube.
blog comments powered by Disqus